What is the correct English translation of 'Opleidingscommissie'?

Geüpdatet 9 months ago door Participatie HvA

There are various English translations of the word ‘opleidingscommissie’ circulating among student organisations and higher education institutions, including the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS). The most commonly used terms in English were 'Education Committee' or 'Programme Committee'. The problem with these translations is that they imply that a research or general training programme could also fall under the banner of ‘opleidingscommissie’, which is not the case at AUAS.

The AUAS has therefore decided to use the term ‘Degree Programme Committee’ effective from the academic year 2018-2019. When the committee in question is clustered, the term 'Clustered Degree Programme Committee' will be used. This translation will be included in the regulatory documents and terminology list used for communication purposes at the AUAS.

Questions regarding this article?

If you have questions regarding this article, please contact Student Affairs by sending an e-mail to participatie@hva.nl or check the contact information of the support service.

Hoe hebben we het gedaan?

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)